Monday, June 4, 2018

June 2018: A Life List

Weather The numbers this week are 77, 80, 84, 89 and 87. I love it! Bring on the sunshine.
 
My Favorite Moment(s) from Last Week  I attended a birthday bbq for a one year old as a photographer but these people have become friends. I had taken photos of the grandparents with their great Dane a year ago. They invited me inside their home to see how they had enlarged the photos and had them framed. I felt such a sense of honor. Their Dane died a month ago and in a moment I felt the value in taking photos for others. This is exactly why I do it. I want people to have those memories forever. The other favorite moment was watching the 1 year sitting on the cute little 4 wheeler her uncle gave her for her birthday. The smile on her face said it all.
 
What's Right in the World I've run out of time to do much planting but some volunteer sunflowers are coming up and I'm thrilled to pieces. One is in a spot I wouldn't have thought to plant it but I'm all about random and I'm leaving it there. It's already 3 feet tall.
 
What I'm Resisting I've got a bad case of race brain.
 
What I'm Thinking Warning. A rant is about to ensue. We were talking with our neighbor kid across the street last night. He is graduating from high school this Friday. He is a miracle. His mom died about 5 years ago and we worried that he would not have enough support to make it. Quite the opposite happened. Even though he was held back a grade, this kid has excelled! Last year, he got a job at the local dry cleaner, working nights. He works 40 hours and managed to get A's and B's this year. Here's the rant. He broke his thumb sometime over the winter. It cost him $5,000 out of pocket for the surgery to repair it even though he has medical insurance through his work. I asked him why he wasn't on state insurance any longer and he said "because I work!"  Welcome to adulthood and shitty medical insurance. But this does have a happy ending ... that kid is nearly done paying off his medical bill. I'd say he's going to do just fine in life. His mom would be so proud of him.
 
What My Future Holds Tonight I'm going out to the country to get some rescue dog photos. Wednesday will be a walk with a friend. Friday night I'm helping a friend cut up veggies and prep for the graduation party we're attending on Saturday. Sunday we'll be taking a road trip to Portland to celebrate our grandson's birthday.
 
If This is My Last Day on Earth Gene, you need to clean up that anti-freeze under the truck. (this would be my last nag)
 
Hope you are having a fabulous day wherever you are. love, susan

1 comment:

  1. I want my last day on earth to be nagging someone too! What a way to go out. LOL I'm proud of that young boy. Sometimes it isn't easy to make it in this world.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...