Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Why Fly When You Can Drive

This is going to be a quick post before I clock back in today. I am a little out of sorts since I was on vacation last week. I know I'm always saying this but it's true that my life is like hanging onto the end of a runaway train.

Last week, we left early on a Saturday morning for a long road trip to Yuma, Arizona. "Why Fly When You Can Drive" is our motto. It's only 1,209 miles one way. Two hard days of driving each way. We've done the trip so many times it really doesn't feel that long to us.

Dirty or stained? You be the judge.
The bed photos here are of the nightmare motel we stayed in Saturday (White Pines in Ely, Nevada) after driving 12 hours. Of the two, we decided to take the burned hole bed. I slept in my clothes and it wasn't great sleep. I ripped them on Trip Advisor. Problem is that there isn't any service out in the middle of Nevada so I wasn't able to check the ratings prior to stopping. Lesson learned.

That's a burn hole.
All in all, the trip was really pleasant and it was good to be on the road with the hubby. He's lost a lot steam this last year and I did a lot of the driving. I don't mind it though. It's pretty much a straight shot south from Boise to Yuma. Driving through Vegas is never fun. I like to just say I survived driving through that city.

The one thing I know for certain is that sometimes it takes a 2,400 round-trip drive to think about things that I don't seem to find time to deal with on a normal day.  Things as in you-can-read-about-it-in-my-diary-when-I'm-dead kind of things.

Do you love a good road trip?  love, susan







2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a road trip! And those motel sheets! I'm glad you ripped them. Maybe we should start traveling with a set of sheets and pillowcases. We had a bad case like that in Galveston Texas once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was shocking to me. Thanks for dropping in. I haven't been writing much. In a bit of a slump.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...