Monday, June 18, 2018

Things I'd Do If I Had An Endless Bucket of Time: Part 1

I have a good friend who works in the trades which means she works when there is work and she sits it out when there isn't work. I think it would be hard to adjust to that life, for me, after working a steady 8 to 5, for 35+ years. Ever since I can remember, I've gotten up on Monday mornings with a sense of "oh crap, I wish I had had time to (fill in the blank)". She suffers from it too and then when she does have the long periods of time off, she is paralyzed with making decisions about what to do. I get her. I was thinking about it last night and this morning and decided to write a list of things I think about doing on Monday mornings when instead I'm getting ready for work. This list is a work in progress and I'll be adding to it as I think about it this week.
 
  • Clean the inside of my car (and his car)
  • More food prep ... fill the freezer with individual lunches
  • Pull weeds
  • Wash windows
  • Stop and pick up trash on my street
  • Brush my dogs more often
  • Make birthday cards for friends
  • Write a letter
  • Reorganize a cupboard
  • Visit a coffee shop I've never been to
  • Walk through the art gallery I've never visited in town where I have lived for 10 years
  • Go to Fred Meyer's and walk every isle and take the time to see what's there
  • Read a book from cover to cover in one sitting
  • Make a decent breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the hubs
  • Write
  • Invite a friend over for lunch
  • Go to the library
  • Walk around my neighborhood
What would you do if every day was Saturday? Maybe it already is for you ... how do you keep yourself busy? Is there a trick to it? Do you get up and shower right away and get ready for the day or do you ease into it? Do you keep a schedule or is everything random?  I'd love to hear from you!  love, susan

2 comments:

  1. I'm slowly becoming a morning person, but it has been an effort. I usually wake up about 6 AM and have coffee with J before he heads off to work. Then I make a list of things I need to get done during the day and go from there. I like having a routine, so after coffee, I check the pet's food bowls and box and then do the dishes. I like having a flow.

    When school starts back up in the fall, I'll have a similar schedule, but the afternoons will be for working with students and answering emails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday is a Saturday for me. And I am not doing most of the things I always thought I would do once retired. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...