Monday, June 18, 2018

Closer to July than June: A Life List

Weather numbers this week are 79, 89, 93, 93, 92, and 91. Definitely something to look forward to. My favorite moments last week included seeing these two guys bending over a tractor. The only thing missing was a piece of grass for them to chew on. I love men. I love crusty old men with weathered faces and craggy voices and stained jeans. These two. Nice guys. My other favorite moment was brushing my friends' dog and leaving piles of undercoat on their lawn. There is something deeply satisfying about de-shedding dogs that cannot be explained. My dogs hate having it done to them. What's right in the world is that we spent a whole weekend without TV. You should try it sometime. What I'm resisting is being a total nag to my hubby. I have a big list of to-do's for him and he has his own resistance. This is and always has been a delicate matter in our marriage. What I'm thinking is that my friends' place out in Onalaska is the perfect refuge and I think it would be a great place to go by myself sometime for a retreat. I sat on their porch and stared out onto the lovely acreage, listening to the wind gently blow through the trees and thought 'what a lovely place to go and just write'. What the future holds is two rescue dog shoots this week, picnic lunch with a friend, dentist appointments, and a concert in the park on Thursday. If this is my last day on earth, I don't want to be remembered as a nag. So I'll use all my other skills I have tucked under my belt to light a fire under the hubby to do at least one thing on my honey-do list. I'll let you know how that turns out. (grins and sighs)   love, susan
 
Note: Ever since I turned 40, I've had this skewed way of looking at things. Up until I was one day past my 45th birthday, my thought was I was closer to 40 than 50. That's how it is when you don't have as much time to waste. Hence, the title of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...