Monday, January 9, 2017

Snowpocolypse 2017: Life List


  • Looking out my window I can't believe another snow storm is coming today. We have been buried here in eastern Washington. 
  • As I ponder The weather brings out the survivor in me. I learned how to drive in Alaska when I was 14. My dad had a 4x4 Ford pickup, manual. Dude, I know how to drive in this weather. My little Nissan Versa has been getting around pretty well this week. Some of those old driving skills have come in handy. Lots of great memories have been bubbling up. Dad made us go practice stopping on ice to learn how to handle a car/truck while sliding.
  • What I'm learning Not everyone knows how to drive in this weather. I've noticed many people (read: men) who drive big-ass trucks are big asses on the road. I try not to  make generalizations without doing the research. If you don't believe me, just pay attention the next time you're out driving in bad weather.
  • What I'm creating I actually enjoy shoveling a little snow. I like making the sidewalk all nice and neat. Creative? Not really but it is peaceful and good busy work for the winter.
  • What I'm reading I'm still reading "A Little Life". It's a big book!
  • What I'm watching While housesitting for friends, I watched an old movie called "Crazy Stupid Love" starring Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, and Emma Stone. A work friend mentioned it after I told her I really want to go see "La La Land" at the theatre. Apparently, it's not the first time Gosling and Stone have starred together. They hit big at the The Golden Globes with La La Land!
  • What's on my camera My friends have 4 squirrels who have taken up residence in their back yard. They were on the feeding schedule and I grabbed my camera for this shot. 
  • What's happening in my kitchen I have not been home in days. My go-to is always breakfast for dinner. French toast!
  • A quote I want to share Life is short. Take the trip. ~ Betty & Walt
  • A final thought I've got nothing.
love, susan




3 comments:

  1. Love the quote! We need to do more in the way of 'taking the trip'. Sometimes that just involves waking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will enjoy this guy: http://www.incidentalcomics.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're right! What a great find. Thanks so much for passing it on to me. I'm always looking for something new and different.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...