Monday, January 23, 2017

Mid January Post Inauguration Life List

Looking Out My Window The 21" of snow we received is slowly melting. We're glad it didn't warm up too fast as we surely would have flooding. It's still slick on the roads at night. I can't help but wonder what February will bring. 
 
As I Ponder This last week has been an emotional roller coaster starting with the inauguration and then the Women's March. The news is reporting that approximately 3.5 million women all around the world participated in a peaceful march on Saturday, January 21, 2017. I marched. My son and daughter-in-law marched. Friends marched. Something is happening. I believe good will come from it. You can call me Pollyanna, it wouldn't be the first time.
 
What I'm Learning I'm not afraid of your criticism any longer. Your critical remarks about women and our causes says more about you than it does about me. If you had walked in my shoes perhaps you'd understand. I used to have different opinions than I do today. I don't blame you for not knowing. Actually, I'm happy you haven't had to experience the things I have. I am genuinely happy for you.
 
What I'm Creating My photo organizational project is coming to an end. I have probably 40 hours into it. I am batching up photos to send to long distance family members who may like to have them. Next week I'll be able to start on something creative with the photos that will remain with me.
 
What I'm Reading  Still reading A Little Life. Page 369 of 814!
 
What I'm Watching I never turned the TV on this week.
 
What I'm Hearing A revolution is coming.

What's On My Camera  This is a photo of my grandmother with me and my sister. I don't know what she was graduating from but this photo is really important to me. She was a worker, mother, sister, wife, friend and much more. I miss her.
 
What's Happening in My Kitchen
  • Leftover chili, salad, and pumpkin pie
  • Pita pocket gyros, Susan style
  • Chicken something something
A Quote  Apparently size matters ~ Dan Rather
 
A Peek Into My Week Hoping for a dog class on Wednesday. My friends are maybe set for their big move so I'll be house/dog sitting at the end of the week. Other than that, I hope to get photos out in the mail.
 
A Final Thought One thing that I found comforting as I marched with 1,000 other people on Saturday is that they truly are my people. It was peaceful and loving. There were 3 speakers at the rally who only spoke for 3 or 4 minutes each. One was from the Buddist temple, one from the Unitarian church, and the local democrat chair. They spoke of love, peace, unity. People were smiling and happy. There were children and young adults. I am not alone.
 
love, susan
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I stole it from fellow blogger Paula Kaye (see her comment below). :-)

      Delete
  2. It makes me so mad when people talk about how negative the marches were. There was not one single arrest made anywhere in the USA due to these marches. Can they say that about other protests? No! Good for you Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People just don't know that they don't know. Until you've walked in someone else's shoes, a person just doesn't know.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...