Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Powerball Megabucks Dream List

(Credit: mcaspets.org)
Somebody at work mentioned the Powerball yesterday. I've never paid much attention to it because I never buy tickets. I received a text this morning from a family member who lives in Alaska begging me to buy some tickets for her. She says she lives in 1 of 6 states where a person cannot buy a lottery ticket. I will honor her wish and buy a ticket. She assures me if "we" win she'll share the fortune. I'm sure she would too. 
 
So, I got to thinking just briefly, what would I do if I won a wagon-load of money? Just off the top of my head, here is a quick Top 10 list of some things I would do with a large amount of cash in no certain order of importance:
 
  1. Quit my job and move us to San Diego on a big piece of land with enough roaming space for us and our dogs to live a life of the rich and famous.
  2. Buy some sheep for my border collie to chase around. Perhaps she'd be happier than she is right now.
  3. Give away a good portion of it. My family wouldn't have to wonder if I was going to share it. I would. But there would be strings attached. It would be college money.
  4. Support my local rescue mission.
  5. Buy a new pick-up truck.
  6. Buy a new electric car.
  7. We'd travel a lot.
  8. Hire a full-time housekeeper and pay her very well.
  9. Hire a land keeper for all the property in San Diego.
  10. Try to not lose my head with all that money.
What would you do with millions of unearned dollars?
 
love, susan
     

1 comment:

  1. Buy a remote cabin on some island in Alaska. A NICE cabin with a generator and running water. And a boat to get there.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...