Somebody at work mentioned the Powerball yesterday. I've never paid much attention to it because I never buy tickets. I received a text this morning from a family member who lives in Alaska begging me to buy some tickets for her. She says she lives in 1 of 6 states where a person cannot buy a lottery ticket. I will honor her wish and buy a ticket. She assures me if "we" win she'll share the fortune. I'm sure she would too.
So, I got to thinking just briefly, what would I do if I won a wagon-load of money? Just off the top of my head, here is a quick Top 10 list of some things I would do with a large amount of cash in no certain order of importance:
- Quit my job and move us to San Diego on a big piece of land with enough roaming space for us and our dogs to live a life of the rich and famous.
- Buy some sheep for my border collie to chase around. Perhaps she'd be happier than she is right now.
- Give away a good portion of it. My family wouldn't have to wonder if I was going to share it. I would. But there would be strings attached. It would be college money.
- Support my local rescue mission.
- Buy a new pick-up truck.
- Buy a new electric car.
- We'd travel a lot.
- Hire a full-time housekeeper and pay her very well.
- Hire a land keeper for all the property in San Diego.
- Try to not lose my head with all that money.
What would you do with millions of unearned dollars?