Thursday, April 19, 2012

Between the Toaster and the Cookbook


I share cubicle space next to a young woman who works full-time, has 5 beautiful children and goes to school. As you can imagine, she has to have good time management skills.

I enjoy hearing the short conversations she has with her husband and kids in the morning and after school. It isn't that I'm eavesdropping ... we work in a fishbowl and I can hear people in all the cubes. 

The other day she was explaining to her husband that she had promised one of their younger daughters a reward for getting a perfect score on her spelling test. She told him there was a little bag of chocolate between the toaster and the cookbook and it just struck me funny.

I love that a woman with so many things on her plate knows exactly there the important things are kept.

love, susan


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the story. Bringing up 5 children that too with a job is not easy for a mother. I really appreciate her skills and personality from what I have read here.
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...