Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday Upsides: Hello February, I Love You

Despite the gray weather, I had a good weekend. Saturday, I met with a work friend and her two littles at the park for a quick photo shoot. My friend scored mommy points for bringing her kids out in the foggy, cold morning. Some moms wouldn't do that but she knew hers needed to run off a little steam. When mine was little, the school had them out on recess down to -10°. I always felt sorry for the teachers having to bundle up 25+ kids for a 15 minute recess.  Yesterday, I was invited out to a friend's farm to get some photos of her hubby's dogs. She wants to surprise him with photos on his office wall. She gave me a dozen, organic, farm fresh eggs that barely fit in the container. This made my hubs smile big time.  I found a new-to-me hummus at Costco that I really like that's made with jalapenos.  Yesterday, I ran into a friend who is down on her luck. She told me she needed some toenail clippers so I put an extra pair in my purse and ran into her last night to give them to her. We talked about how the little things in life mean so much.  I thought about this a lot yesterday and when I laid my head down I felt grateful.
 
❤❤❤MONDAY UPSIDES❤❤❤
  • I am at the end of another month of minimizing my belongings. I've made several trips to donate clothes, etc.
  • I've decided to take a 30 day hiatus from FB starting February 1. You can still find me on Instagram @freezerburned2013 and here. Goals: read & write.
  • I finished Gold Dust Woman on audible and going to start a new book today.
  • We're going to a potluck with a bunch of like-minded friends on Thursday after work.
  • 16 work Mondays to go. The retirement paperwork is going in the mail today. It's gettin' real up in here.
  • It's February this week! I love Valentine's Day.  Hearts and love everywhere.
 
My friend, Val, and her egg-laying chicken. I think Val has the prettiest smile!
She was painting her office when we arrived yesterday. She's a hard-working farm wife. 
I like photos that are real, don't you?
 

I'd like to thank this chicken for giving me eggs this week.
 

Dude, if you like hummus, you should try this one.
 

This is Chewy. He is a love bug! ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...