Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What Makes SuddenlySusan Happy

I have a new pen pal at Letter Writing Project.  I found her blog introduced on another blog I follow. She had a great idea that I wish I had thought of. She posts up simple questions and invites the reader to send her a card/letter with the answers to the questions. Yesterday's question was "What makes you happy?"  I had such a good time writing her a list that I decided to share on my blog. 


These are in no particular order.


Sunshine, Thai iced tea, writing, photography, snow days, going to the movies, a good, blue medium point pen, flowers, talking with my son on the phone, motorcycling, music, hiking, visiting our grandkids, ice cream, mowing the lawn, blogging, working, reading, making greeting cards, helping others, baking, dining out, going for coffee tea with friends, having people over for dinner, playing with my dog, listening to my husband laugh, going for long drives, picnics, the beach, receiving hand-written letters from friends and family,shopping at thrift stores, yard sales, making my husband laugh, a text from anybody, parades, hot chocolate, potlucks at work, hot sunny days, road trips, new recipes, curry pumpkin at my favorite Thai restaurant, a fresh haircut and highlight.

To be continued ...

What makes you happy?

love, susan


11 comments:

  1. My brother David’s smile, his wife Patti’s laugh, onions, tomato-beef chow mein at Sam Wo’s in San Francisco, autumn leaves, big flake snow, Motown, being pig-pile hugged by my nephews, kissing, my Nikon D2Hs, film, a big hug from a close friend, fishing, Maggie’s laugh, Janet’s friendship, a crisp Saturday in autumn watching high school football, cooking a perfect piece of salmon, a good mouse, making someone type ‘lmao’ or ‘rofl’, camping, the desert, history, dancing, feeling the sun on my face for the first time after a long winter, the Cape, old growth forests, a great cup of coffee in a nice mug, talking about movies with friends… to be continued

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    Have you quit drinking coffee??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Cold turkey. It wasn't working for me any longer.

      Delete
    2. Except I had a relapse just today. One cup in the afternoon. Yikes.

      Delete
  3. Sweet kitty kisses, a warm sunny day, watching my garden grow, learning something new, personal growth, a good book, a nice oak in a tub, making a new friend, being generous, a good joke, a good laugh, a nice walk with a friend, an invigorating hike, whale watching, the wonder of seeing an unexpected wild animal, flowers, getting together with my sisters, a hard-earned victory, a great evaluation, being appreciated, appreciating someone else, a great pair of new shoes, a great, high scoring word in WWF, fitting into clothing that was previously too small, cooking, making a new recipe your own, shopping for plants, meeting a goal, great coworkers, a great movie, a good workout, camping, northern lights, a beautiful view, a supportive boss, finding a new blog to devour, God whispers, a new bird in my yard, kittens, puppies, connecting with Chris after a long day, being welcomed home by Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I forgot to add, reconnecting with old friends!! :-)Not OLD friends but friends I've had forever! Jewels like Suddenly Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you. 50 is the new 40! My half-sister just turned 60 yesterday. Hard to believe.

      Delete
  5. Funny, you can tell a lot about us by our answers. And where we live. You say "hot sunny days" and I say a warm sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Letter Writing Project - you're right... that's a great idea! I checked out her blog, and I wonder how she will keep up with all the letters! But what a way to help preserve a vanishing art form and gift... the handwritten snail mail letter.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...