Sunday, July 7, 2019

Embracing Life Changers

My dog laying next to me while I read.
She has my heart, this one.
I've been walking a lot since my last day of work. People told me I'd be busy and wonder how I got anything done before, and that has proven to be true. The days fly by and they've been all good days. Love that. My word for 2019 is embrace. I've been embracing every waking moment lately.
 
On dog poo bags ... While I was walking this morning, I was thinking about dog poop bags. Silly thought, I know. Here's why. My friend from Alaska was talking about her dog poop bags and how much she hates the smell of them. Apparently, they are scented. She must have a lot of them because I'd think she would just buy different ones and throw out those smelly ones. She is sensible that way. So I gave her a roll of my dog poo bags and told her it was my gift to her. She is always bringing me something from Alaska when she visits. I'm embarrassed that I rarely have something for her in return. This trip though, I did give her a painting that a local artist did from a photo I had provided of my friend's dog and cat. She really loved it but I'm also hoping she loves those poo bags just as much, ya know?
 
Speaking of practical things ... while we were on the road trip last month, my friend secretly ordered me a lighted magnifying mirror that attaches to my big bathroom mirror. We had more than one serious conversation about the rogue hairs us old ladies grow on our chins. Before this magical mirror, I had to use a chemical hair remover on my face and it was so harsh. Not now. Can I just tell you how much I love this new mirror? Holy shit! It is a life changer. Along with it, she gave me a little hand held mini shaver that is just for that peach fuzz we get on our face. How did I live without it?
 
A new travel bag ... had to be ordered while I was in Denver. The zipper on my old bag decided to not work and I had to use a fork to get it open. My son suggested I order a new bag on Amazon that could be delivered before we had to leave. I would have never though tto do that on my own. That old bag had seen some miles, let me tell you. I was not sorry to leave it behind. It never was something I loved but I think this bag may go in the love column.


 
I haven't been writing much and honestly, I've lost my creative spark. Tomorrow I think I'll go back to a weekly post called Currently that I snagged from a blogger I read regularly. 
 
So, I'm curious, what one or two items do you own that you think are life changers? Tell me!
 
love, susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...