Friday, February 15, 2019

Stopping Dragging My Quilt Around

I've been dog/house sitting for a friend. We're on day 4 right now. Last night I arrived at my home away from home to find a queen sized quilt, two towels, my denim jacket, and two canvas shopping bags out in the snow. All were frozen solid. How'd they get there? Through the doggie door, of course. I had a good laugh about it. I had been warned that perhaps if I left my shoes/boots on the floor, they'd end up chewed up but this dragging things out to the yard surprised me. So, I dragged everything in and got it laundered. This morning I placed the towels down in front of the doggie door to help soak up some of the snow as the dogs come in. I took a shower and came out to find Jill proudly guarding one of the towels she had dragged back out. I decided to take up the towels until I arrive home tonight. 🐾 Dogs talk to us in ways that force us to listen. As much as I am doing my best to make their lives as normal as possible but they surely miss their person. It's all good. I'll just be more mindful to pick up anything that looks like it can be dragged thru a small door. Otherwise, these sweet babies are keeping me good company and they love to guard me when I'm sleeping. The little one burrows under the covers and honestly, I have woken up every night to check his breathing. How can they breath under the covers, that's what I want to know. 🐾 I am looking forward to having some time to spend outdoors with them tomorrow, throwing a snowball or two. And, then after I wear them out a little, perhaps they'll sit to watch some Netflix with me. I finished House of Cards and now I'm finishing the last season of Shameless.

Do you have any Netflix recommendations for me? I've got a 3 day weekend!

love, susan



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...