Monday, July 8, 2019

Currently: A Life List

CURRENTLY is a great idea I snagged from a fellow blogger I follow, Paula over at  Smidgens, Bits, and Snippets. Hope you'll read something here that inspires you to do something, try something, or be something different.
 
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...
The sun is up and there are some humid clouds hanging out. We are below the average temp for this time of year in Eastern Washington. We have not hit 100° yet.
 
PONDERING...
This morning I got a video chat from a friend who works out of town. Yesterday she experienced racism up close and personal and she shared the experience with me. If you don't believe that racism is alive and well, you must be living under a rock. My heart hurts for her. Ignorance and fear is a powerful force.
 
WATCHING...
Over the weekend, I watched several episodes of My Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. There are only 2 seasons and the episodes are about 40 minutes each. David Letterman is an excellent interviewer and you'll see a side of him that is far more human than what we saw on his late night show. I especially loved the episode with Ellen DeGeneres. Keep Kleenex handy.
 
READING...
Oh dear. I have a couple of books going right now. Ugh. I am committing right here, right now to finish reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen this week. I rarely read fiction but this book was my book club's pick and although they already read it and discussed it on Saturday, that discussion has prompted me to finish it. I've been into podcasts lately so I am adding that as a topic next.
 
PODCASTS...
My favorite thing to do now that I am not working is to take long walks with my dogs and listen to podcasts. I have several queued up in my Stitcher app and could write a whole post about podcasts. My favorite last week was a series on Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations with Eckhart Tolle using his book The New Earth as the topic. They talked about several chapters in a 10-part series. I'm not always a fan of Oprah ... something about her voice really bugs me but I loved this series and if you are looking for a spiritual shift in thinking, I recommend this free series. I also listened to a couple of interviews on Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard. Dax is always a little naughty in his podcasts (warning for anyone who might be offended easily) and he doesn't keep it a secret that he was sexually abused as a child. He has been sober for a lot of years and talks a lot about that with his guests. I love, love, LOVE listening to him.
 
EATING...
I've been trying to eat better but it is a struggle right now. Never give up, that's my motto.
 
PLANNING...
I'm taking a friend to a doctor's appointment today. I have dog training class tonight with Remi but other than that, my calendar is free. I am doing a dog sitting job Saturday/Sunday. Beyond that, I am working in my back yard pulling weeds every day and trying to make it look better. I have been tackling little projects inside the house when it gets too hot to work outdoors. The podcasts help me with things I don't love doing.
 
FAVORITE THINGS...
So, I have a ceramic Starbucks cup I use for my coffee every morning. I always heat it up with boiling water before I pour my coffee and warmed-up creamer in.
 
EMBRACING...
I am embracing the here and now.
 
A QUOTE TO SHARE...
You never get what you don't ask for.
 
love, susan
 
What's on your current life list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...