Monday, July 22, 2019

Currently: Summer is Half Over


Newest intake to rescue. He is paralyzed in his back
two legs. Sweet, sweet disposition!
Currently is a weekly update of what's happening on the home front. A little of this and a little of that.  

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...  This morning we had thunder, lightening, and rain. This should make for a very hot and humid afternoon with the numbers this week looking like this:  99, 99, 88, 94, and 98. Hot dog! 

PONDERING... my loss of sleep over a sciatica nerve. I'm fine during the day while I am upright and moving but just after I relax and fall asleep, I have an ache so bad starting on my backside buttock all the way down my leg that it wakes me up. I have had to start sleeping in an "L" shape to get it to subside enough to sleep. Even then. This is a self diagnosis. I'll complain to my doctor the next time I go but I don't see any point in going before my regular yearly physical. And, oh, SUMMER IS HALF WAY OVER. There's that. 

WATCHING... I have been dog sitting all weekend through late today. I have watched the first 2 seasons of The Ranch. Can I just tell you how much I love Sam Elliott and Debra Winger in this series? Some of it reminds me of my upbringing. I wasn't raised on a ranch but the small town references are not lost on me. You can catch this series on Netflix.  

READING... I am listening to Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers on Audible. It is a medically technical book but not so technical that I don't understand it. Basically, I am learning how different hormones affect our health.  

PODCASTS... I added a new-to-me show to my playlist: Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend.  Last week I listened to him interview Dax Shepard (who I obviously has a star crush on right now) and Howard Stern. I think I'm going to love this podcast because in just these two interviews I've learned a lot about Conan O'Brien! Did you know he is a Harvard graduate, Magna Cum Laude? I have been hearing Howard Stern a lot on various podcasts and dying to read his book. You may think Mr. Stern is a jerk from his past radio spots but he has many hours of therapy under his belt now and has a lot to say. I believe in second chances, do you?
 
THIS WEEK... I am finishing up a dog sitting job today and start another one on Wednesday. That gives me tomorrow to be home and taking care of things. I do come home every day for a short visit with the hubs and my dogs when I'm dog sitting for other people. I also need to edit the wedding photos I shot Saturday afternoon and get those to the bride.
 
FAVORITE THINGS... This fan. I have to sleep with a fan on for both white noise and comfort. When my friend and I did our road trip last month, I threw this and another fan in the rented SUV and we decided we will never travel again without fans. This particular fan throws great air and has the right amount of sound to lull me to sleep. This is on my Top 10 list of things that I'd never live without.
 

EMBRACING... I am embracing the fact that summer is half over. We typically have a very nice September and I always look forward to that month but I am really enjoying the here and now of today.

A QUOTE TO SHARE...
 
I wonder what it would be like to live in a world
where it is always June. 
L.M. Montgomery "Anne of the Island"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...