Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Past the Halfway Mark: A February Life List

Looking Out My Window It's dark and cold. The numbers this week are discouraging at 39, 39, 42, 32, and 48. I know spring is right around the corner. Winter tends to take me right to the edge of the abyss but I'm hanging in.
 
My Favorite Moments Last Week There are too many to recount but what comes to mind is standing on the walking trail with the hubs while his daughter snapped a photo. He is happiest when he is in the trees and it shows on his face in the photo. Personally, I hate the dampness of Portland and I'm always cold when we visit in the winter time. We saw our grandson play basketball and his sister perform with her dance team at half time.
 
What's Right in the World We crammed a lot of visiting in last weekend and what's right in my world is we didn't watch one minute of news. I feel like if we continue to focus on the negatives we won't see all the good stuff. And, there is way more good stuff than not. Fact.
 
What I'm Resisting Since I came off my month long FB deactivation, I've pretty much kept my phone logged off. I do go on first thing in the morning and take a peek at FB world but not finding much to hold my interest. I do love this new (previously owned) phone I bought for its great camera. I've become an Instagram junkie.
 
What I'm Thinking I do not want to go to work today. I have enjoyed 4 days off and packed a lot of fun things into it and the thought of going back to work today is just not giving me the warm fuzzies. I will have to work on my attitude before I get there. It's always hard after a holiday weekend. We did hire a new person to replace me and she'll start on March 5. I'm happy we found a good fit.
 
"You're not the boss of me!"
(He eventually went into
a down position. Patience is key.)
What's On My Camera I took some dog pics yesterday when we got back from Portland. I have taken this dog's photos before (for fun) but now he is going into the rescue program to find a home that is a better fit for him. He's a lot of dog and needs to be with someone who can manage him. I really enjoyed the session as my good friend, T, came with me. It's always nice to have an extra person (besides the releasing owner) to handle the dog so I can try to get a decent picture. T is a dog lover like me so that made it extra fun.
 
What the Future Holds My stepdaughter is booking a beach house for a weekend in April. We've discovered that is the way to go when there are a few people in a party going to the beach. I love having something to look forward to. I'll be house/dog sitting for a friend the weekend after that. I always enjoy doing that ... it is some alone time that I don't get very often but I appreciate it when I do. Spring flowers are coming. And, only 15 months of Mondays until retirement.
 
If This Is My Last Day, Here is My Final Thought I really hope things in the world get better and not worse. I refuse to be part of the problem. There is more good in the world than not. Be kind to everyone you meet, no matter what.
 
love, susan

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there really is more good in the world than bad!!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...