Monday, February 12, 2018

Love Will Find a Way: A February Life List

 

Weather Here This Week The temps are down a bit as we have an arctic blast coming through. Numbers this week are 42, 47, 51, 45, and 53, which doesn't seem awful but the wind has put a bite in it. It makes my case for moving to Arizona. That's all.
 
My Favorite Moment(s) From Last Week It may have been when the clock turned 5:00pm on Friday. Easing into my new job while still doing the old job. It really sucked my energy last week. My second favorite moment was yesterday when I met up with my friend to watch her hand off her foster dog to a nice couple. She hadn't seen her foster dog in 3 weeks (long story) and when he saw her, that dog melted into her. There's no love like that of a canine. Long story short, he is ready to move on to a permanent placement and I was so happy to be witness to the event. Training dogs makes them more adoptable and my friend did a fantastic job with him.

Cece and Addison

What's Right in the World
  • So far, the plumbing job my electrician hubby did is holding. He gets extra points for this!
  • There are technically only 2 more weeks of potential winter.
  • The tulips are comin' up.
What I'm Resisting I am resisting the urge to future trip. There are all kinds of things in the works and my old self likes to skip ahead. Retirement is surely on my mind a lot these days but I have a lot to do between now and then. Resisting thinking too much about Arizona. It won't be a done deal until we buy a place so that whole idea could go away in an instance. I'm excited about the position I am going into and the new things I'm learning. Hang on or let go ... those are my choices today. Sometimes it's hard to know which way to go.
What's On My Camera Attended a birthday party for a really special one year old on Saturday. Gave hubby a haircut. Evidence of spring. And, dogs.
 
"Andy" a new rescue
Jack Russell/Blue Heeler
Spring is kicking winter to the curb
What the Future Holds I'm taking some puppy pics on my lunch hour this week. We're heading to the west side on Friday afternoon for a long weekend. Hubby is celebrating 30 years of sobriety with great friends over there. Love me a road trip!
 
Hubby got a haircut Saturday
If This Is My Last Day on Earth, Here is My Final Thought Last night on our way into town, a song came on the radio called Love Will Find a Way by Pablo Cruise. It was released 40 years ago. My best friend, Lisa, loved that song. I am grateful that part of my brain still works. I zoomed back to that time and place like it was yesterday. I'm 40 years older but I'm still that 18 year old sometimes. My final thought is that it has been a great life! I hope today is not my last one. I want this life.
love, susan







2 comments:

  1. Ever since our grandkids moved to Arizona, we've been wanting to move there too. We went there to visit in January and (I never thought I'd say this about AZ) we about FROZE! They had a cold spell come through and we had only packed lightweight jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Especially of your hubby getting a haircut!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...