Monday, February 5, 2018

Get Your Pit On: A February Life List



Weather This Week Holy cow, the numbers are: 60, 55, 58, 63 and 52.  I hate to say it out loud but I think we've dodged winter this year. Geez luweeeze.
 
My Favorite Moment from Last Week I was out at a dog boarding kennel, standing with a young girl about age 13 while waiting for a woman to take her dog out of the car to meet and greet another dog (Corgi/Pit mix) she was potentially going to foster. I was there to photograph the foster dog. She kindly told us to put our dog treats away and that we might want to stand back because she didn't know how the meet was going to go down. The experienced 13 year old grabbed my arm and said, "we should stand waaaaaay back". She was right! The dogs got into a little scrap. I turned away ... I cannot stomach dog fights at all. They broke it up quickly and no blood was shed.
 
What's Right in the World It's now light when I leave work at 5. I have survived another dark winter. One more and I'm out of here. Serious about that.
 

Seriously. Does this look like a pit bull? Corgi, yes.
What I'm Resisting Negativity.
 

They tell me the tell-tale sign of
a pitbull is the smile. But look at
those beautiful teeth!
What I'm Thinking I have a doctor's appointment this week. I've been having some trouble with my hip aching at night. I want to be in denial about this whole aging thing. Old people have hip problems. I am not old. 
 
What's On My Camera I had two dog shoots last week. Thank goodness for that because this time of year can be really boring as far as pictures go. Or ... maybe ... I'm boring.
 
What the Future Holds I started my new position Friday afternoon. I'll be easing my way into it as we still have a couple of interviews to replace my current position. My new job is going to require a lot of reading. I think I'm going to learn a lot of new things while reviewing documents for public records release. Some of those things will be gory. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't shy away from gore. I look it straight in the face and do a lot of wondering about humanity.
 

Not much color this time of year
but glad there is no snow.
If This Was My Last Day on Earth, Here is My Final Thought Son, I enjoyed talking with you on the phone last night. The fact that you were making chicken soup for your lunch and my sweet daughter-in-law's lunch this week really warmed my heart. That you add noodles to hers was the sweetest thing I heard all week.
 
love, susan

4 comments:

  1. My hip has been hurting too. In fact, it hurts right now! Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a lot of dog photos these days. True love!

      Delete
  2. I injured an upper leg muscle - again - back in early December. It is still healing. Some bursitis has set into the hip joint - again. I've lived with this hip issue for over 20 years and it is getting old along with me. Feel better and find out what is really going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wonder if it is something that I'll just be living with for a long time. It hardly seems bad enough to have x-rays or whatever they do nowadays but is bad enough to interrupt my sleep. I don't like to take too many Tylenol or Alleve ... I'd like to keep my liver and kidneys intact. I hope to get to the bottom of it.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...