Monday, August 7, 2017

Burning Up August: A Life List


Looking Out My Window The smoke from the fires in Canada is almost gone now. We had very high temps last week and combined with smoke, it was miserable. This week looks to be no better with numbers like 103, 103, 105, 105, 102, 100 but at least the smoke is going away.
 
My Weekend Review I'm about to crash and burn from doing too many things in this heat. Saturday we attended two events and luckily I had time to take a cat nap in between. I usually can be on the go but the heat did me in. We attended a birthday party for a five year old and it was magical. They hired Moana to arrive and the little girls loved her. Last night we discovered we have a plumbing problem. It's a biggie. While I get to go to work today, the hubby will be dealing with that.
 
What I'm Learning I went out to the country yesterday and sat around a circle with women from age 18 to 70 something. I found out I'm not the only one who goes commando in the summer time. This was a huge relief to know. I also learned that they have these little plug in sonic super sound thingy mijiggers that are supposed to keep ants and rodents far away. Who knew? Love those women around that circle.
 
What I'm Creating Well, my volunteer people are asking me to do videos of the dogs now which has prompted me to figure out how record works on my camera. I'm not sure it is the best option for video but I'm gonna try it. I have a feeling that my phone will be a much better video maker. Love this gig of volunteering. It has pushed me to learn some new things. I have 8 shoots set up as a fundraiser for dog rescue. Very excited about that.
 
What I'm Reading I actually picked up my Kindle and read a chapter in a book I'm reading called How the Light Gets in: Writing as a Spiritual Practice. Need to get back to reading at least a chapter every day.
 
What I'm Watching Uh oh, I started a new series on Netflix:  Nurse Betty
 
What's On My Camera Fun summer stuff.
 
Quote I Want to Share 
Raisin cookies that look like
chocolate chip cookies are the
main reason I have trust issues.
 
A Peek Into My Week  Super busy! Coffee with a friend tonight, photo shoot tomorrow night, video shoot on Wednesday, Thursday I'm sure will find something for me. Friday, the kids are stopping overnight from their trip to Canada.
 
A Final Thought I'm so glad I have great women friends. Sitting in a circle with them last night was good for my soul.
 
love, susan
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Heat here is bad enough, though it cooled late last week. Do not know how you handle temps over 90 for more than a couple of days. All I can do is sleep.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...