Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Off-the-Chart Monday

My daughter-in-law. I love this girl
with all my heart.
Yesterday was a work day but I was off, visiting with my son and daughter-in-law from Michigan. They were here for exactly 24 hours. We crammed in a whole lot of visiting and managed to eat out twice. The funny of it was we ate at a Mexican restaurant that is less than half a mile from our house. In 9 years, we'd never been there. We get a little stuck in a rut. 
 
In these images, we're at my very favorite, nicer place called Frost Me Sweet. My daughter-in-law picked it from a line up she had on Yelp. These people are serious foodies. She is lactose intolerant so it helped that their menu easily included things she can eat plus a couple of gluten-free, dairyless desserts. And, wine for lunch!
 
My son and love of my life!
I quit drinking almost 16 years ago so I feel a little-lot out of touch with what's happening on the alcohol menu. When they brought her THREE glasses of wine all at once, I was schooled on ordering a "flight" of wine. All I know is that ascetically it was art for my eyes and senses. Dude. I drank wine out of boxes. A conversation ensued about adult juice boxes. 
 
I enjoyed this visit. It is rare that I am off work and not traveling somewhere else. To spend the day with these loves, at home, was off-the-charts joy for me. They drove their car from Michigan to gift it to me. When they said they were only staying a day, at first I wondered how we were going to catch up in 24 hours. We did it. It was perfect. Just like that flight of wine. Beautiful. Just right. And, enough.
 
Today, I go back to work and I'll look forward to the next adventure. Tomorrow night I'm driving out to the country to photograph some spaniels for a nice dog lady. We have an invite to a party Friday night. I'm certain I have something on my calendar for the weekend.  Life is so good.
 
love, susan
 

3 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds wonderful Susan! It is amazing how much one can pack into 24 hours, especially when catching up with loved ones. Glad to hear you all had a quality visit.
    Have fun photographing the dogs. Dog photography is fun, even though at times tough. Very hard to make those guys pose. I find I have to be quick and quiet with the camera. :)

    Have a great week,

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this sounds like one of those absolutely beautiful, perfect days that come along every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing time was had by all!!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...