Monday, July 3, 2017

Donkey Days of Summer: Life List

Looking Out My Window There is a smoky haze making the sunrise a beautiful pink. A fire started out in the Hanford (nuclear cleanup project) area on Thursday and is still burning. With fireworks going off now, there will undoubtedly be more fires. It is HOT HOT HOT right now. Our temps starting today will be 94, 96, 102, 103, 104, 101, and 99! Hot and smoky.
 
Weekend Review It was a fun one. I can't remember what I did Saturday but yesterday's fun started at the dog park in the early morning. Some friends showed up and we had a great time shootin' the shit and watching our dogs play hard. Remi never stopped running after the Kong the entire 1 1/2 hours we were there. I got some great photos and I never wanted to leave. Later in the day, I drove out to my friend's farm for the 2nd Annual Ass Shaving. She has three donkeys who get shaved by our dog groomer friends. I got to brush them while they shaved. There were six of us and we had the best time shaving and talking. I love weekends like this one.
 
What I'm Learning Well, one of my dogs got out of the fence that got left open once again on Friday. She was gone about 1/2 hour before I realized it. When I started out to the car to go find her, she came running down the street. I'm glad she didn't go far. I'm learning to not lose my mind when this happens. Someone in our household keeps forgetting to shut the gate.
 
What I'm Creating I haven't been terribly creative this last week. I started a month long minimize group on FB and we're collectively cleaning up our areas by eliminating the number of items that corresponds with the day. Today, I'll find 3 items that will leave this house one way or the other.
 
What I'm Reading I never opened a book or a magazine last week. Work is sucking the life out of me right now and I don't have the brain power to focus on reading.
 
What I'm Watching Same with TV. Oh, I did watch a wonderful interview that Jane Pauley did with John Mellencamp yesterday on CBS Sunday Morning. That's a guy I'd love to know. Great interview!
 
 
 
What's On My Camera It was a fun photo weekend.
 
Quote I Want to Share from Jane Pauley's interview with John Mellencamp:
JOHN MELLENCAMP: I am available. I am available to ideas. I am available to free thinking. I am available to thoughts. I am not in a box. Now, I used to be when I was a kid when I was writing songs like "Hurts So Good" and "Jack & Diane." "I have to write a song that's -- no. I can't go over that. That-- that song took a wrong turn." Now, nothing takes a wrong turn. There's no wrong turns to make. These paintings. There's no wrong turn.
I may walk up to a canvas and think, "I'm going to do one thing," and it turns out to be something else that surprises me. And I'm thrilled to death when that happens. When I'm not thrilled to death is when I labor over something and try to force it into being something that, you know, I think it has to be. But that's not art.
JANE PAULEY: So now creativity is about finding out what it wants to be.
JOHN MELLENCAMP: That's right. Letting creativity be creative as opposed to trying to control it.
 
A Peek Into My Week Work today. Play tomorrow. Who knows what will happen the rest of it?
 
A Final Thought I'm running out of time.
 
love, susan

2 comments:

  1. Remi chased after the Kong for 1 1/2 hours. Could you bottle some of that energy and send it to me, please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Shooting the shit and shaving asses!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...