Monday, December 28, 2015

The State of My Tribal World

Beautiful weekend it was. It turned out nothing like I would have expected. I've learned to hold the reigns in my life very loose, even dropping them sometimes just to see which way it goes.
 
I spent Thursday with a good friend who helped me navigate the mall for some last-minute buys. We made some oil paint art on canvas at my kitchen table followed by candy making until almost midnight.
 
We got up Christmas morning and left the house just before 6:00am on a four hour drive to Portland to spend the day with family there. The day was full of laughter and a few tears.  
 
Some good friends came over Saturday night for dinner and some great, thoughtful conversation. Note to self ... must do that more often.
 
On the trip home from Portland, hubby and I had a great talk about the state of the world. He's the kind of guy who listens to news from all around the world throughout the day. My news comes in snipnets on my stupid FB roll and quite frankly, it has gotten me so down I could hardly speak about it without crying. I'm appalled by the hatefulness being spewed from every outlet I turn on, including friends and family. I don't want to believe this is the world I'm living in. I'm Pollyanna, remember? I said, please explain to me how this happens. He said, "it's tribal".
 
Long story short, I like that explanation and I'll be doing some reading on tribes this next year.
 
More will be revealed ...
 
love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...