Friday, September 6, 2013

Use Your Imagination

Wow, that was a great storm last night!  The clouds looked like stiff, whipped cream. Lightening strikes could be seen one right after another on our car trip out to Finley for a BBQ with good friends.
 
When we turned onto this street last night, I kept thinking about how much this looks like a scene from a Stephen King novel. Although, I've only read one or two of his books so I have nothing to base this thought on but these clouds made me think something evil was rolling into town. "Delores Claiborne" and "Needful Things" ... just in case you were wondering which novels I actually read.
 
Squirrel!
 
This morning I hopped back on my treadmill for the second day in a row.  Those nurses at the hospital this week kept using the very trendy word "trending".  Is that what's happening?  My treadmill use is trending.  I kinda like that.
 
I got to Madonna's "Vogue" on my very old, not-so-chic-and-trendy iPod and as I imagined myself as a backup singer/dancer for Madonna, the words use your imagination, that's what its for stood out.  I decided I'll hold onto that mantra as long as I possibly can.  I've let my imagination collect dust, 'aint that a shame?
 
love, susan 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this journey. I have lost about 15 lbs and looking to get into that chic black dress I got over at your place a few years ago. Reality is what I need. Trying to get real here. Love you Nancy

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...