Monday, September 9, 2013

Squeezing a Little Fun

Another great weekend with 300+ miles under our butts. We traveled almost the same route as the previous Sunday but took a left to Briggs Junction to travel over the Columbia River on the bridge to Hwy. 14 and home.  I've never driven my motorcycle over that bridge before but the view was spectacular.
 
Hubby survived a heart attack last Monday. It was a surreal feeling to be riding yesterday after such an event. His hand surgery in April has kept us grounded all summer. I marvel at how different parts of the body can be healed or repaired so quickly, and others not so much.  Luckily, with the today's technology, heart attacks are not the fatal events they used to be.  They can be if left unattended.
 
There were seven of us yesterday ... just the perfect combination. I love the camaraderie and banter that takes place at rest stops.
 

Well, it's Monday morning and things are getting back to normal. Only one doctor appointment this week for hubby and then we take off for camping at the beach on Friday.
 
We just keep trying to squeeze every little bit of fun out of everyday and I think we hit the mark this weekend!
 
love, susan

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the picture of the yellow line with the bikes off to the side. Did you have to lie down in the middle of the road to get that shot? Wish there was a picture of THAT too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, I usually just bend my knees and set the camera or phone down as low to ground level as possible and snap, snap, snap. Sometimes I get a good shot, sometimes not. I never know til I get home and upload. I'm so happy you appreciated my efforts here! I really liked the shot too!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...