Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Squirrel!

Stay with me while I try to get back into posting.
 
I don't know what happened to me.

When I started this blog almost 3 years and 486 posts ago, I had "stuff" to write. I still have words to write but somewhere along the line I've gotten ... (fill in the blank). Busy. Tired. Lazy. Uninspired. Too inspired. Distracted. Mostly just distracted.
 
I started a photo scavenger hunt the first of June and it has really kick-started my love of taking photos again. I have a habit of opening up a new folder to store photos each month and for the last year those folders have been very small. I noticed this morning that I have shot a lot of pics this month, so far, and when I open up that folder I see color ... which means my life is colorful. Love that!
 
Squirrel!!!
 
Yesterday I received a couple of new dresses I ordered from the Dressbarn. I once heard a comedian (I think it was Chris Rock!!!) make a joke about women buying clothes from the Dressbarn. I could hardly get past that before I set foot in the store. Words are powerful. Today, I love the Dressbarn.
 
Another squirrel!!!
 
It rained Tuesday. Our tomato plants couldn't take the weight of the rain and were bent over so hubby and I had to pull them up with some kind of rope and tie them to the fence. We are horrible gardeners but I think we're going to have more tomatoes than we can eat. These tomatoes went crazy. I like to think it's that awesome compost I spent all last summer growing and used in this raised bed.
 
Having just now this morning realized I'm only 14 posts away from a magic 500, I'm gonna try to get myself together and think of something thoughtful to write. Don't give up on me.
 
What's colorful in your life?  Tell me!

love, susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...