Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Love Mornings (February Love Series)

Sunrise in Seattle, Washington
Are you crazy? That's the response I get when I tell people I get up at 3:30 a.m.  People! You are missing the very best part of the day when you sleep til 7.

I was in Seattle last weekend and Saturday morning I slept in til about 5:30 a.m., waking up with a caffeine headache. I looked around for some coffee and was delighted to find some Starbuck singles on the counter. I'd have to wonder about my Seattle friend if she didn't have Starbucks. By the time I heated up the water and took care of other business, I peeked outside her patio window and a form of giddiness washed over me when I saw the beginning of a new day in Seattle. Sunshine in Seattle is an anomaly and I felt lucky to be there for it. I sat in the quietness of my friend's apartment with my camera and watched as sunrise made it's rare debut. I was not disappointed.  I never am first thing in the morning.

I searched my blog for the word "morning" and it came up so many times I can't list all my posts but my favorite post is "Who's To Blame"

What's your favorite part of the day and why?

love, susan



2 comments:

  1. Early morning has always been my favorite part of the day. When my boys were little, I'd always set my alarm for an hour before everyone had to get up and get ready for work/school. I cherished that hour of silence in the morning. I'd sit with a cup of coffee or tea, read the paper, gaze out the window, listen to the birds singing.. it was heavenly and always got my day off to a good start.

    I learned about this special time of the day from my father. On the weekends, he and I would get up before the rest of the house. We'd sometimes go to the local coffee shop for coffee/tea and a donut.

    In the summer, when we'd go to the Jersey shore, my father and I would get up before everyone else, and walk on the beach as the sun came up. It was so wonderful to welcome a new day with my favorite guy.. talking about life and dreams and what we were going to do with our day.

    I still get up before the rest of the house does. I love my quiet mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading about other people's memories growing up. Thanks Susan ... your comment made me smile!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...