Saturday, January 25, 2020

Currently: Love That

One of the nicest things to happen this week was a visit to the vet with my border collie. This was our first appointment to establish care and get updated on  vaccines. I was pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail by the vet tech who assisted the doctor. First of all, the tech was super friendly with Abbie, and then went on to tell me he has an 11 year old border collie, which endeared him to me even more. This breed is special and to have a BC in your life means you are special! The vet tech stayed in the room with us when the doctor came and he was very efficient in perusing the 34 pages of medical history that I had emailed to them just an hour before we arrived. He was able to pick up on the highlights of my dog’s needs and didn’t miss a thing. LOVE THAT! The doctor was really great too but she paled in comparison to her great assistant, in my opinion. If only people doctors and assistants were as concerned. Seriously. 

The roofing crew came a week early to complete the roof project. Checking that off the list. The owner of the company came by late yesterday to take photos of the finished product and I gave him a big, fat check only made easy by his great smile and adorable dimples. Have I told you what a sucker I am for cute Mexican men? His is a family-owned business that he inherited from his father. One of the roofer crew is his cousin. When the crew broke for lunch, they had a portable bbq grill they used to heat up their lunches. LOVE THAT! I’m relieved to have it behind us now. My next project will be getting new blinds installed. I will put that on my list for next week. I can only hope the blind people are as sweet and hard working as the roofers. 

We made it to the library this week so I have two hardcover books to plow through over the next 3 weeks. This will compete for time I’ve been spending watching This Is Us on Hulu. I’ll use this paragraph to say I had a flare up of knee pain and spent most of Thursday just laying around so I could allow my knee to stop hurting. Not sure what is causing it but I am opting to start with what I know for sure causes inflammation for me ... too much sugar. Nonetheless, it was a great excuse to watch an entire season of This Is Us and got me into season 2. This goes along with my 2020 resolution to relax more. Not easy for me but I’m working hard to learn to relax.

The weather is definitely warming up here in southwest Arizona. We’re in the mid 70’s now. Last night we sat outside at our friends’ place to visit for an hour before dinner. I sat with my face to the sun and enjoyed the reason I wanted to move back here. 

For a week that started out with only 2 appointments, lots of other things happened and here we are ... Saturday already ... again. Today we’re going downtown to the Medjool Date Festival to walk around and just be outdoors for a while. Gonna take my camera and see if I can muster up some creativity. 

So, that’s about as “currently” as it gets. Hope you are enjoying where you are in life. I always love hearing from you in my comments or on FB. What’s happening in your world?

Love, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...