Monday, August 19, 2019

Currently: Thriving

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... There has been a hint of fall in the early mornings here in eastern Washington. Temps this week are 93, 97, 98, 89, 94. My favorite part of August is when the fennel in my back yard gives off a licorice aroma. Mmmm.
 
MY FAVORITE MOMENT FROM LAST WEEK ... I had a lot of favorites but probably my most memorable are the photos I am receiving from my son and daughter-in-law of their new son. The updates are that he is gaining about an ounce daily. And, this week we got to see his beautiful head and hair because they took his cap off. He is thriving. I cannot say that enough times. I love that word.
 
WHAT'S RIGHT IN MY WORLD ... Well, our real estate agent came over Friday to take photos for listing our house. She commented that I had taken her advice to heart by cleaning up my closet spaces for the photos. She likes to show storage space. She has sold 204 houses in her 10 year career and is one of the most down to earth people I've ever met. Our listing goes up Sept. 5. Trudy, if you are reading this, I'll be a distant neighbor soon! It's really happening.
 
WHAT I'M RESISTING ... I am trying hard to not future trip. We are in Arizona this week looking at a house to buy. The tentative plan is to pack up and move in mid October ... finally. I have been resisting perfection lately. Getting my house is order for others to come see has produced some stress. I always think I have it under control but then, and I know this is too much information, I end up with horrible hemorrhoids. Some people lose their hair, I get the Big H. Keeping it real, folks.
 
WHAT I'M THINKING ... I remember when we got ready to move to Washington, we worked hard on our place and the last thing I did was hire a friend to come and clean it. I remember thinking, "Gosh, this place looks nice enough to live in." While cleaning out stuff this time, I have been thinking that I am glad I started minimizing my stuff two years ago. Even doing that, I still have too much stuff. I am tired of being a slave to it. How many sweatshirts does a girl need? I have taken bags upon bags of stuff to the community thrift store. We are downsizing in house space. There is no room for junk.
 
WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA ... I haven't been out with my camera much this summer. I use my cell phone a lot. I'm hoping to get some good shots while on the road trip this week.
 
WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS ... I have been super busy this summer and I suspect I won't be slowing down until November. Trying to keep my feet planted in today.
 
IF THIS IS MY FINAL DAY, HERE IS MY FINAL THOUGHT ... My new grandson is in my constant thought and I can't wait to meet him. If I never get to meet him, I have loved him already. My heart is full. And, somebody please take care of my dogs.
 
love, susan





No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...