Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Currently: A Life List

PONDERING I am over the last two weeks of drama coming from Washington DC. It left me drained and feeling powerless. I am not powerless, though. I can vote. I can encourage others to get out and vote. I am, nonetheless, surprised by the end result of Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation. Sure hope it works out.

WATCHING I have been watching a series on Netflix called Atypical. It is really good and I am invested in seeing it through to the end. My step-daughter told me about it. I trust her judgment, we like the same types of series.

READING I am still reading Kitchen Confidential (only 38% done with it) by Anthony Bourdain. I started it sometime during the summer and then got sidetracked in early July when my daughter-in-law showed me how to put podcasts on my smart phone. Then my step-mom told me the virtues of Audible and I have been hooked on that ever since. I do enjoy reading very much. There seems to be always be too little time for all of it. Anyway, the weather is changing now so I'll spend more time in my easy chair, curled up in my jammies and a blanket and a dog on my lap.

CREATING I've been coloring in my adult coloring book while listening to podcasts and books on audible. There is something so relaxing about that.

LEARNING Oh. This last two weeks has taught me that it's still a man's world.

PLANNING I don't have much going on in the planning department. My son asked me when I'm going to go visit them in Colorado, so that now is on my radar for the summer. I'm really now in pre-retirement count down. I have less then 8 months to go.

LISTENING My favorite podcasts are The Daily and NPR's Up First. Both are short episodes during the work week that give me just the right amount of news. On Audible, I am listening to The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks, narrated by Tom Hanks. Last week, I listened to The Year of Less by Cait Flanders.

WHAT'S IN THE KITCHEN I've been not all that creative in the kitchen but that's about to change. I am going to order one of those air fryers. A friend has been posting food she prepares in it and it looks like my kind of good.

A QUOTE TO SHARE
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein






A FINAL THOUGHT I'm just trying to keep my head about water right now. Going into winter season is not my favorite time of year but there are good things about it. I love slowing down a bit. I love soup. I love all the upcoming days off for the holidays. Yeah. It's all good.

love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...