Monday, October 2, 2017

October Already? ~ A Life List

Looking Out the Window Blue skies and sunshine. The numbers this week are 65, 67, 68, 70, and 76.

Weekend Review Well, I was on vacation last week and arrived home late Friday afternoon. My friend Kathy from Juneau stayed with me over the weekend and we visited the state fair in Yakima and then saw a little bit of the dog show at the park yesterday, shopped, and hit a movie. We spent the entire week at Lincoln City, Oregon with another friend we went to high school with. I wish I had written a post while I was there but it was the furthest thing from my mind. It feels too late to write about it now but I'll post my three favorite photos here.

What I'm Learning It is totally possible to go on vacation and not eat like a pig. Between my girlfriends and I, we have lost 95 lbs. since our reunion a year ago. We were all in losing mode so this made it easy to not have crappy food in the fridge or while out to lunch. I also learned that it takes a while for the mind to catch up to the body in that I needed help buying new britches. My pants have been pretty saggy and when I went to buy new ones, I still had a fat mindset. Girlfriends tell the truth and I even got a couple of photos of what my baggy backside looked like. Who knew? Thanks to my friends, I'm in right-sized pants today.

What I'm Creating Hmm. Oh, I started writing in my new journal that my lovely step-daughter gave me the last time we visited in August. I love starting a fresh, new diary, don't you?

What I'm Reading I dragged a book all the way to the beach but never opened it. Hoping to get back on schedule this week and finish A Man Called Ove.

What I'm Watching I didn't watch anything this last week except CBS Sunday Morning and 60 Minutes. Did you see that hot, new soccer star they featured last night? His name is Christian Pulisic and you can watch the 13 minute segment here.  Moms, you are gonna want to pinch his cute cheeks, trust me on this!

What's On My Camera  Well, I've never done this before but I'm going to place a link here to my FB photo album of my beach trip if you care to look at it.  Otherwise, here are my favorite 3 images.

A Quote I Want to Share
A bad day at the beach trumps a good day at work. ~ Susan Arthur

A Peek Into My Week Dog pics on Wednesday, wedding rehearsal and dinner Saturday, wedding shoot on Sunday.

A Final Thought I'm not going to write about the tragic news from Las Vegas last night. I'm not. But, what the hell? I work in a business where horrible things happen to people every day. Long ago I quit trying to understand what's in the hearts and minds of other people. I only have control over mine. I'm choosing to not focus on the negative but events like this make it a challenge. Call me Pollyanna.  love, susan
 
 





1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Pollyanna. Horrible. Love the quote! And oh what I'd give for a beach vacation!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...