Monday, June 13, 2011

Ellensburg Motorcycle Trip

Not everyone who reads my blog is on FB.  Although I posted all my motorcycle trip photos to FB yesterday, I decided to write a little about it here.  It definitely was a day to remember.

First, I thought there would be only 5 or 6 of us but it turns out there were 11 of us altogether. Eight bikes, eleven riders. Nice group!

Biker Bob got a new bike. This was the first news of the day. It's the pretty blue one shown here in front. He tells me he's had it a month.  I inform him that it's just wrong that I didn't know he got a new bike.  Normally, we are already riding together for a month by this time of year but it's been too cold for this princess to be riding. I guess I missed his maiden voyage. I forgot to ask him how many thousands of miles he has on it already. Bob is a biking fool.  I mean that in the most kind and loving way. 

The red bike belongs to people we had not met before. Super duper nice folks. I only mention the first two bikes because I love their color. It didn't matter how far down the road either of these dudes rode, I could see them.

We stopped just before Ellensburg at the Ginko Petrified Forest State Parkwhich we had not been to before. I shot this panoramic to show you what a perfectly calm, beautiful day it was. Definitely will be going back there without 9 friends itching to get back on the road. It's a place that requires some exploration, for sure.

Definitely enjoyed the company. Each of these woman would tell me if I had a booger hanging off my nose ~ they're awesome!

I'm the one with the camera hanging around my neck. I absolutely hate having my photo taken but it didn't seem quite like the place and time to argue about it so I went along with joining in for this group shot.  And, I'm glad I did. I realize I'm in the best company EVER here.

Love you sistas!


And then it was their turn. The guys were good sports!

But here is my favorite shot ....... you're gonna love this ............. 









What a bunch of characters!  

We left at 9:30 a.m. and got home about 5:00 p.m. It was quite a ride and we were exhausted when we got home.
Until the next time ... ride on!

love, susan












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...