Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Upsides: Learning to Sit Still

It's snowing again. This is the 5th snow storm we have had in February. There seems to be no end to it this week. Snow through Thursday and the temps are not warm enough to melt it. All I can think of is the many layers of dog poo that await me in March.
 
 
Monday Upsides:
  • I'm home after an 11 day house sitting job
  • It's starting to be light at 6:30am
  • Only 12 more working Mondays to go
  • I finally cut and colored my hair this weekend
  • I am halfway through Amy Poehler's book Yes Please on audible
  • I watched the Oscars last night all the way from beginning to end. I am learning to embrace sitting still. Wasn't Bradley Cooper dreamy when he smiled at Lady Gaga at the end of their song together? I heard his talk with Oprah on her Super Soul Sunday podcast. He's a sweetie!
I've been talking to and emailing the retirement benefits person in Juneau. All I am asking for is some kind of confirmation letter that my benefits are in place and that there will be no hitches on June 1st. That seems to be like pulling teeth. All I can say is that when these people who are in charge of retirement get to be my age, they'll understand the importance of being stressed about lapsing coverage. You don't want that to happen at my age. So, I am preparing myself to have to work a week or two into June to guarantee that I don't have that happen. If I receive medical insurance cards in the mail prior to the middle of May, I can adjust that but right now all I can do is wait. I'd like to give my employer an ending date but it is not in the cards for me to do that yet. It's gettin' real!
 
Okay. Well, no text from work that we are on a 2 hour delay. Guess I'd better get moving. Is it wrong I should go poke at the hubs to get up out of his nice warm bed?
 
love, susan

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been out and about in blog world for a bit. Does this mean you are retiring? Good for you! I hope you will love it! Tired of snow here in Kansas too!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...