Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Got Grace?

I witness grace on an almost daily basis in my work day. Yesterday was no exception. I saw it in a handshake, tone of voice, eye contact, and words spoken by a prosecutor to someone who finished their prison sentence and is now in the financial part of their amends.
 
While I see these things and at the very moment I don't know the exact word to put on it, grace is what came to me this morning. So, I looked up the synonyms for it and found politeness, courteousness, good manners, civility, respect, respectfulness, deference, chivalry, gallantry, good breeding, gentility, graciousness, kindness, consideration, thought, thoughtfulness, cordiality, geniality, affability, urbanity, polish, refinement, courtliness, decorousness, tact, discretion, diplomacy.
 
Grace.
 
Please never let me forget to extend it even in situations where it may not be deserved. Sometimes situations will not turn out the way the seeker wishes. That doesn't mean we have to be mean spirited or lose our integrity in handling it. There is never a good reason for me to pour salt into a wound or to wish someone ill. Grace. Pass it on. Embrace it. Lean into it. Let it be who you are.
 
That's all.
 
love, susan

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful words to live by. Thank you Susan.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get jaded at times and forget my grace. I definitely need to see it in action to be reminded of who I strive to me.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...