Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Time Off: It's Like Birthday Money


 

Missy vying for her piece of my "time" pie
I had the greatest day off  celebrating the new year. Laundry got done, a few blinds got dusted, a nap was had, a lackadaisical coffee date with a friend, and a meet up with several like-minded friends at the end of the day. Dogs were loved on, the hubs got a fabulous home-cooked stir-fried lunch, and I finished listening to The Poisonwood Bible on audible. 🌟  I often have a difficult time in my time off ... so many things I want to do but troubled by figuring out how I want to spend my precious days off ... kind of like a kid with birthday money and not sure how she should spend it. 🌟 At the end of the day, I smiled because I felt like I really leaned into the watchword I chose for 2019 ... embrace. Embrace the here and now, embrace my friends, embrace my life. Most of all, I am learning to embrace the struggles. There is much to be learned. That's all.
 
love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...