Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday Upsides: 19 Mondays to Go



Love this message!

The hubs using the noise cancelling earphones
his daughter gave him for Xmas!
Last week I received a call from the records department for State of Alaska, confirming the certified documents I ordered to complete my retirement packet are headed my way. Those should arrive this coming week, and I think I'll have everything I need to wrap up my application and put a stamp on it. The next step will be waiting for a return letter that confirms my retirement is set to go with a start date. I figure I'll have to work the first week of June, and since there are two Monday holidays between now and then, I only have 19 to go. I've never hated Mondays. I don't hate them now. But, I do look forward to warmer weather and the thought of growing some tomatoes and peppers, and having the time to give them the care they deserve. This weekend, I bought a book called How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free by Ernie Zelinski. I believe I am on the right track!
 
Upsides:
  • We've had very little snow so far this winter.
  • The hubs is using his new headphones (read: political b.s. silenced)
  • I survived a trip to Costco on Saturday.
  • I made a new dish called Coconut Curry Garbanzo Beans that was a big hit.
  • I am back on the Bright Line Eating band wagon ... finally.
  • Yesterday, I napped with reckless abandon. #screwguilt
  • Did I mention I only have 19 working Mondays to go?
Nineteen Mondays to Go!

How about you ... what upsides can you think of?


love, susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...