Monday, December 10, 2018

Bartering

 

Cold Weather. Getting out in the cold this weekend kicked my tail. I had 3 photo shoots for family photos. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it very much but man, oh man, I got chilled to the bone and couldn't get warm. I wore my silky long johns yesterday. My Alaska friends will laugh at me because it is 32 degree here.   Bartering. The first family I did photos for on Saturday asked me how much I charge for coming out in the cold. I usually just tell people that if they insist, I love coffee. But this guy comes from a long line of fishermen, so I told him I would love a piece of fish. He brought me a frozen salmon filet and a big, steaming hot latte. OMG .. loved that. We are having the fish for dinner tonight. My friend T says she loves bartering. I didn't know people still used that term and it really got me to thinking about it. I'd like to see bartering make a comeback! Photo Bartering. I will take photos for anyone who asks. Many of the folks who have given me the title of family photographer are young people who struggle to make ends meet. I always tell them to pay it forward. I hope they do. Do you ever barter with friends?  love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...