Monday, August 27, 2018

So Long August: A Life List

WEATHER NUMBERS this are 78, 84, 88, 80, 79 and 82. Quite a cool down from the triple digits we've seen over the last 14 days. People are complaining of being cold. It's all relative.

MY FAVORITE MOMENT LAST WEEK had to be when the clock struck 5:00pm on Friday. My second favorite moments were at the dog park with Remi. Pure joy watching her run in the long field there. I vow to go more often than once a year.

WHAT'S RIGHT IN THE WORLD This is a hard one. John McCain died yesterday, the President has been asked to not attend the funeral, and it feels like all the good men are gone. I can't lie ... it has been a depressing week in the news and it's hard, even for a Pollyanna like me, to find a silver lining. I think I'm just tired. This too shall pass.

WHAT I'M RESISTING I got off track with my eating program while in Alaska and I've struggled to get back to it in its purest form. I haven't completely fell of the wagon, but feel like I fell off and I'm dragging along behind it with my foot stuck in the stirrup. This struggle has added 11 lbs. to my frame and I'm determined to stop the damage. It was far too easy to fall off, not so easy to get back on.

WHAT I'M THINKING  I think I need to get my light box out earlier than my usual October start date. I've been struggling (using that word a lot lately) with bouts of depression that kind of hit me unexpectedly. We've had some gray skies due to smoke and it has not been good for my mental health. I've also not been journaling on a regular basis so putting that light box on my desk and firing it up will be a 2 for 1 remedy.

WHAT'S THE FUTURE HOLD I don't have anything on my calendar yet this week. One thing for sure is that I'll be getting out at lunch time to enjoy slightly cooler weather. I love summer but I love fall almost as much, and it is in the air! It's much cooler in the mornings this last week.

A FINAL THOUGHT I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and audio books lately. I love the sound of other people's voices. So many things to listen to, so little time. That's all.

love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...