Monday, August 13, 2018

Mid August Life Update

My son recently pointed out in a text that we are a month post-Alaska trip. How'd that happen? While I'm busy with my head down working and playing, the days tick away so fast.
 
Last weekend I house/dog sat for a good friend who lives next to the river. I used the mornings to walk the dogs and try to clear my mind each morning. It was like a mini-staycation.
 
The weather here in eastern Washington has been brutally hot. This morning when I let the dogs out, it felt crisp, which means fall is right around the corner. It's dark a lot later in the mornings and the herb garden is looking weary. I love September but don't want to be a future tripper. I'll try to enjoy what is left of August.
I took pictures at the disc golf tournament over the weekend. It was a blast! I walked the course with several groups and just hung out. What a fun bunch of people who just love throwing Frisbees (discs). They have their own lingo and the conversations were interesting and thought provoking. I'm leaving you with some of my favorite photos from this experience.
 
Hope you have a great week wherever you are! love, susan







1 comment:

  1. I'm with you... unsure how mid-August arrived so quickly.

    I played frisbee golf a few years ago with some young whipper snapper friends. I was not very good at it, but it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...