Monday, March 27, 2017

Good Riddance March ~ Life List

Looking Out My Window It's still dark but the forecast is for a sunny day and 60 degrees. It rained all yesterday. Wouldn't you know it will be sunny on a workday Monday? Phooey.
 
As I Ponder I had a great weekend but it wasn't quite long enough. I hooked up with a new friend who has an animal rescue team. We met at the park so I could photograph her latest rescue, Buddy. I never turn down an opportunity for a dog photo shoot. She then hooked me up with another family who is rehoming two dogs as they have had a major life change. What I love about this new friend I've met is that there is no judgment of people and their reasons for having to rehome their animals. It's all about moving forward and taking care of the business of finding great placements. Love that!
 
What I'm Learning Dude, I took guilt free naps again this weekend.
 
What I'm Creating I have A through W posts done and scheduled for publishing every day (except Sunday) in April for the A to Z Challenge. I have about 8 hours into this project but I'm excited to have it almost done so I can focus on reading other people's posts during the month of April. I have met some really great online bloggers through this challenge in past years.
 
What I'm Reading Didn't read a line last week.
 
What I'm Watching  We watched 13 Hours on Netflix yesterday. Great movie, hard topic. We watched two other movies yesterday in our Sunday rain movie marathon.
 
What's On My Camera This is Buddy. He was found wandering around on a country road. It's hard to believe nobody is looking for him. He has the sweetest disposition.
 
Quote I Want to Share
“You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘Wow, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!” ~ Dave Berry
 
A Peek Into My Week This week is going to be busy. I'm having coffee with a friend after work today, pho with a work friend on Wednesday, dog class Wednesday night, potluck with friends on Thursday night, birthday celebration Friday night, catch up with an friend in town on Saturday. Work, eat, sleep times 5!
 
A Final Thought Every year I feel like a survivor at the end of March. This winter was brutal and March has not been much of an improvement so I am glad to see it behind me. April. Now April is going to be exciting. I'm going to Nashville with a friend later in the month. My winter life has improved since I started adding things to my calendar to look forward to. It was a simple shift in my thinking and it works.
 
love, susan

1 comment:

  1. Have a great week. I finished my last A to Z post last night. Now I can just read and comment on others.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...