Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Currently

I intended to get this written yesterday but the day came and went in a flash. There was a movie and lunch with a friend, but before that I had to stop at the bank and then the tire store to put air in all 4 tires on my Mini Cooper. It had been sitting for about a month and I suspect the cold mornings sucked the air from each tire. Without further ado, here is what is happening Currently.

WEATHER!  The numbers this week are 71, 71, 73, 69, 68, 71 and 75! Next week they will be in the mid 70’s all week. It’s a little chilly in the mornings here but I’m not gonna whine too much. My friends I left behind in eastern Washington will not put up with my whining. 

FAVORITE MOMENTS I got to Facetime with my son and grandson on Saturday. The little guy is really developing a personality and I am thrilled to get to see his face “live”. I wish I could convey to my kids how quickly the time is going to go by ... but they’ll find out for themselves. When I was holding him a couple of weeks ago, I closed my eyes and tried to recall holding my own son 30+ years ago. There’s nothing quite like holding a baby.

MOVIES I’ve been watching a few things on Netflix. Grace and Frankie has a new season out tomorrow so you’ll know where to find me. 

  • The Irishman (loved it)
  • Up in the Air (watched this many times, still love it)
  • Dolemite is My Name (OMG Eddie Murphy! Lots of profanity.)
  • Burlesque (loved the costumes and music)
PODCASTS I’ve had Ronan Farrow’s “The Catch and Kill” podcast on my roll for a long time but had not listened to it until last week. It’s about the Harvey Weinstein story. I then listened to an interview that Dax Shepard (Armchair Expert) did with Ronan Farrow and I’m now a fan. Smart dude, that Ronan. I’ve been turning on podcasts first thing in the morning while the coffee is brewing. The hubs seems to be enjoying this brand of talk radio and I’m secretly hoping it will broaden his horizons from the normal political b.s. he listens to. I recently added another podcast called Bulletproof Radio that an old work friend suggested. It is a medical/health related podcast that is a bit meatier than I tend to listen to. BUT, I keep all these suggestions for later when I might be open to hearing them.

BOOKS I just finished listening to The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer. I am reading/listening to Maybe You Should See a Therapist by Lori Gottlieb. Other books I’ve read since I last blogged are Talking to Strangers by Malcom Gladwell and Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. All good books!

QUOTE From “Little Women” 

“Watch and pray, dear, never get tired of trying, and never think it is impossible to conquer your fault.”

Well, that’s about it for Currently. I need to close and get myself moving today. Hope you have your best day ever! Love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...