Sunday, January 12, 2020

Relax

We’re only a couple Sundays into the new year and I think I got this relaxing thing down. Today, I took two naps. I’m serious about this “taking it easy on Sundays” thing. Every time I had a slight thought that was about to guilt me into doing some chore I didn’t want to do, I reminded myself “Hey, it’s Sunday”.  

The weather has been colder than usual here and it kind of takes it out of me. I had ice on my window one morning last week. Imagine my surprise. I only got out to walk Remi once last week. As I write this, I am going to resolve to do better this coming week. I do have a pair of thin gloves I could dust off for morning walks. No excuses.

Tomorrow, I have a date with a friend to go see “Little Women” and then lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. We go back to the oral surgeon on Wednesday for a recheck. And, I have plenty of things to do this week that will make time fly by.

In the meantime, I’m going to savor how it felt to do nothing today. I’m really late to the party when it comes to down time. I have to admit I relish the idea of getting some books read this year, taking time to brush my dogs, and maybe make a new recipe on Sundays. Or, not.

I’m going to try to get back to posting “Currently” on Mondays. I’ll write a little about the books I’m reading, podcasts I’m listening to, and whatever else I’ve been doing.

Thanks for dropping in. Did you get a nap this weekend?

Love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...