Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Currently

WHAT'S THE FORECAST ... numbers this week are 94, 99, 93, 96, 97. I love this time of year. It's cool in the mornings and it takes all day to get to the high temp. Fall is in the leaves already.
 
MY FAVORITE MOMENT FROM LAST WEEK ... We drove to Yuma to look at the house we are buying. It was a quick trip but I really enjoyed the afternoon with my aunt, and the next day I got to spend time with my cousin in her pool. I think time in the pool during the summer is my favorite thing to do. I also took an overnight trip over to Portland and spent a little time with the grandkids. Dinner at Carl's Jr. with the youngest was treasured time.
 
WHAT'S RIGHT IN THE WORLD ... Well, we're getting things cleaned out and some stuff has gone to the thrift store, a bunch of camping gear went to a good friend who has 3 kids, one motorcycle should be rehomed tomorrow.
 
WHAT I'M RESISTING ... Quite frankly, I have to resist blowing my top every day while we are in this transition period of moving. I've been through many moves before so I know it is stressful and I just need to remember to do what is right in front of me. I am resisting future tripping. It's all going to be okay.
 
WHAT I'M THINKING ... I have had a lot of race brain lately. Lots of appointments on my schedule. A lot to think about. I have started saying no to social engagements because my time to get stuff done is dwindling. I always hate missing out on fun things so I won't say no to everything but will be selective in how I use my time from now until we move. I am amazed at how busy I have been since my last day of work.
 
Yuma, AZ sunset
WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA ... I went out early (6:00am) to photograph a friend and her family. She had a great idea for props and posing. It was fun and I was glad to do it for her. Tomorrow I am doing some puppy photos for the animal rescue team. It will be my last shoot for them.
 
WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS ...  I'm not sad we won't be spending another winter here. I look forward to warmer, sunnier weather on a daily basis. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Winter visitors. Old friends. Zero seasonal affective disorder.
 
IF THIS IS MY LAST DAY, MY FINAL THOUGHT IS ... I am going to try to be nicer  today. I have been on edge a lot and it's not how I want to be. I wouldn't want my last day to be like it has been lately ... me yelling at my hubs over stupid shit. Life should be enjoyed every day. I'm glad I'm writing this now so I can change my attitude before the day gets rolling.

love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...