Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What Up Wednesday!

❡ Since the sun has arrived, my world has been busy.  Here it is Wednesday and I never got my Monday Upsides written.  The time between now and my last day of work seems to be dragging like ... I don't know what. Slow motion. That's what it feels like. ❡ Late last week, I received my medical insurance cards from the State of Alaska, which means we are officially covered starting June 1. When I applied for retirement through the State of Alaska back in January, I was ahead of the game but then it was sit and wait time. They don't really communicate very well so I had to trust the process. Over the years, I've become good at that. Still. I did worry a little about it. We cannot afford to be without medical insurance. Luckily, through my current job, I am covered through the end of June, so if things got messed up with my retirement, at least I could beg for my job back. But, alas, there will be no begging. ❡  Can I just say ... I am ready to move on to what's next in my life.   Well meaning people have asked me what are you going to do when you don't work anymore? I can't help it, I think it's an odd question if you know me. My life is so full beyond my work hours. But, since they ask, I give them a run down. Read, write, photography, walk the dogs, made fabulous meals for the hubs, wash my car, etc. You know. All the things you never have enough time for. There is a whole blog post waiting to be written about time anxiety. ❡  But for now, I need to get through the next 2-1/2 weeks. After that, I have a week off and then heading out on a road trip adventure with a good friend for 11 days. ❡  I'm upping my Fitbit game since the weather is better and my dogs never balk at going for a walk. I long for the day when I can go a little further than yesterday. I put on 14,000 steps yesterday! WHAAAT?  Yes, I did.  ❡  Well, that's it for now. Later gater.  love, susan





No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...