Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday Upsides: Indecision

 This would have been my last Monday working at the county attorney's office but for the holiday. Four days left and my days will be different for awhile. People keep asking me what I'm going to do after I'm not working. The only thing I can say is I'll do exactly what I do now when I'm not working but more of it, ya know? I picture taking a longer route for my morning walks with Remi. A life goal is to try wearing her out, and topping my personal best on the Fitbit. I don't know what that number is but let me just set it at 15,000 steps, right here right now.
 
We're not sure exactly what our next step is to be. We need to really sit down and have some serious conversations about it. The time is right to sell this place and move to a smaller abode where maintenance is far less. Yuma, Arizona is high on our radar. The thought of moving is really daunting, especially with 3 dogs. We have big items that need to be sold or donated. I'm personally not in a hurry to make decisions about it but the thought of living another winter like this last one where we had 8 snow storms in a month ... well ... you know. I see no reason to stay through that. But, it could happen. I was talking with a good friend yesterday and she said they had thought about selling their place but then talked it through and changed their minds. I feel like we haven't processed completely yet what we need to process.
 
The Denver road trip is so close that I am thinking about it constantly. My friend from Alaska and I have not seen each other for two years now. The way I am figuring it, we'll have approximately 35+ hours of  road time to talk to our hearts' content. I love that kind of undivided attention.
 
The hubs has been doing some outdoor painting. He thinks the stake I placed in my herb garden is a perfect place for hanging his painting glove while he rests. (eye roll inserted here) Regardless of what our next move is to be, we have a wagon load of work to be done around this place.  I am up for living in a place where there is far less maintenance to do.
 
MONDAY UPSIDES:
Only 4 working days remain.
The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze. Perfect weather.
My work clothes are all clean and hung up today.
We haven't gotten into another war yet.
My 60th birthday is this week!
We have choices to make and time to make them.
I'll be writing a final Monday upside next week and then I will move on to something else. Got ideas?
 
love, susan
 
 
The hubs was painting this week.

We're working on some chair time this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...