- Looking out my window I woke up at 2:00am and there was an inch of snow on the ground. This morning it is almost gone with the wind. Zero dark thirty and I gotta go to work again.
- As I ponder Our weekend was far more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. You know those moments around the table where you are laughing until tears spring from your eyes? That's the kind of weekend it was.
- What I'm learning I am far more competitive that I think I am. My son and daughter-in-law have turned up the heat on the Fitbit challenge. Last night my dil told me she won't allow herself a glass of wine until she walks 10,000 steps. I get her!
- What I'm creating I'm still working on that photo organization project. It was a mistake to start it but now I'm committed. What a mess. I'm not a quitter though so I will see it to the bitter end.
- What I'm watching Absolutely nothing. No time, people.
- What's on my camera Last Friday, I photographed an adoption. It was one of the best minutes of my week. I also caught this photo of my dog, Remi, on our trip home from Portland. It was her first long road trip. She was anxious for most it but settled down the last 30 minutes before arriving home.
- What's happening in my kitchen I haven't been home since Saturday so I'm going to have to be creative tonight. I received a cookbook for Christmas that I am totally stoked about. "The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook" from America's Test Kitchen. My 2017 goal is to make at least one new recipe every week. It's a lofty goal, I know. That's how I fly.
- A quote I want to share "May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." ~ Neil Garman
A final thought People surprise me.