Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Susan on a Pink Cloud

I can't believe it's December and I'm  on a pink cloud. I spent half of Sunday preparing frozen meals for my lunches for the month. It made me so happy to do that and as it turns out, I'll be eating out three times this week.  Shhhh. Don't tell my husband. It makes him cringe.
 
It is super important for me to have plans this time of year. If you have suffered through my past whining about having seasonal affective disorder, my deepest apologies. This post is not about depression.
 
There are so many things happening this week, I hope I can manage to squeeze it all in and contain my excitement: 
  • tentative plans for an engagement photo shoot (can I tell you how thrilled I am about this possibility?)
  • chicken pho with a co-worker today
  • luncheon/baby shower tomorrow at work. I know, I KNOW, I've told you before how much I dislike baby showers, but it has been promised there will be no silly games and the expecting mother wishes only for diapers and books
  • dinner tomorrow night to celebrate birthdays
  • lunch on Friday with girlfriends
  • annual potluck on Saturday with about 200 like-minded friends
 
Future plans:
  • signed up for an awesome online workshop with Jacob Norby to learn how to Burn the Leash
  • looking forward to seeing our grandkids this month
  • a possible trip to the beach
  • making time to look at my 5-year plan for retirement
OH MY GAWD ... I can hardly wait!  If that isn't enough, I was talking with a good friend last night who just purchased a Nikon D3300. She is moving up from taking pics on her cell phone. I went to bed dreaming about all the places I'll take her on photo walks. Love that!
 
Got winter blues?  Make some plans. It's a plan that works!  And, leave me a comment and let me know what kind of plans you have ... that's where ideas live!
 
love, susan
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I just bought a ticket to go back to WA in January....for a sisters week in Port Angeles. I wasn't going to go this year because I've used so much leave lately (used +400 hours this year!) but having a ticket out of here in the winter always brightens my spirits so I threw caution to the wind....

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...