Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Prompting


I receive a weekly email from Mama's Losin' It.  I promptly ignore all the prompts but this week I decided perhaps I might try writing a little every day using her clever ideas.
 
Like everything else, I want to accomplish a lot of things but there never seems to be enough time or energy in a day.
 
The first prompt for this week is to share a tip or trick you recently learned.
 
I couldn't really think of anything I most recently learned ... is that a sign of aging?  However, I wanted to share this very old (1977) photo from my senior year. I don't have a fancy schmancy machine to .pdf it so I just snapped a pic with my cell phone and did very little editing to get it here. 
 
Here's my tip:
 
I use my cell phone camera for E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.  Some event coming up? I snap a photo of the details.  Parking in a big city? I snap a pic of the cross streets so I can remember how to find my car. I have pictures of my favorite people's addresses from my rolodex so if I'm at work and want to mail a note, I can.
 
We were on a camping trip recently and hubby's daughter had the best bag of grain crackers she had picked up at Costco. I don't shop there but I snapped a pic of it so I could remember to look for it next time I go to the store.
 
There it is.  My great tip.  It's probably old news for many of you but if it helps just one person reading this, my work is done!
 
By the way, I'm the girl with the arm folded across her mid-section. These are my school mates and fellow yearbook editors. Whew, that seems so long ago.
 
love, susan

4 comments:

  1. I love that picture, it's how I remember all of you in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this photo too! I actually have a few fond memories from school. I liked the social part waaaaay more than the academic part!

      Delete
  2. P.S. your phone contacts are a great way to include people's addresses etc. !! C'mon Susan, get with it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ... I'm a little behind the times! I'm slowly getting there!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...