Monday, March 26, 2018

What a Difference a Day Makes: A Life List

Body painting happened at the art
show this weekend. It was amazing!
The numbers this week are 55, 63, 64, 63, 67.  San Diego weather! These are the numbers all eastern Washington residents wait for. Finally.
 
My Favorite Moment(s) Last Week I have a couple of them but what comes to mind is standing around visiting at the art show on Saturday afternoon. One of my friend's granddaughter was there and when some party music came on she could not help but start dancing. The sheer joy in her eyes will keep me this entire week. Tacos in the back seat of a friend's truck with 4 other hungry people was also a highlight. There's nothing like tacos to bring people together.
 
What's Right In My World The wind finally exited. The sun is shining. I found an airbnb that is just right for the hubs and I in Anchorage for our Alaska trip this summer. Everything is set and paid for so I can check that daunting task off my list. Next chore: taxes.
 
Wall art happened at the art show.
What I'm Resisting OMG! I so much want to see the fallout from Stormy Daniels interview last night on 60 Minutes but I don't want to be that girl who cares who the president hit up. I'm resisting the news this morning. It reminds of back in the day when Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with that woman. I believed him. (Rolling my eyes right now) Whatever. I actually could not care less who people have sex with. None of my business.  None of anyone's business.  Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
 
What I'm Thinking I talked on my phone more over the weekend than I have in an entire month. People needed to talk. It was all good. I'm still a bit teary eyed over talking about end of life stuff. I am writing it here because I want my son to know I was perfectly straight up when I told him I would not want people visiting me on my deathbed. Let's do more reunions and celebrate birthdays and get together while we are healthy and happy. Now is the time!
 
What's Happening This Week I have training on Wednesday. Maybe lunch in the park with a friend today. Hoping to get outdoors a lot this week.
 
If This is My Last Day on Earth I could die happy today. The sun is finally here and days are getting longer and warmer. I spent the entire weekend with good friends and there was not an unhappy moment in all of it.
Gotta go now and get a move on! Hope you have a fabulous day wherever you are.
 
love, susan



2 comments:

  1. Many years ago I went to visit an aunt and I brought her flowers. She made a big fuss about how I didn't have to do it. I told her that flowers are meant to be enjoyed by the living and not just sent to funeral homes when they are dead. You are so right about celebrating life now when we are all here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you about end of life visits. Visit me now while I am alive and know you. Sounds like you have been doing well. And yes, I agree about the love affair of Presidents. Who cares? I would like to see this one fail though. Sadly that is how I'm thnking!!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...