Monday, March 12, 2018

A Quick Post: A Life List


Great spring day in Eastern Washington
The weather this week couldn't be better. Today will see 64 degrees followed by 60, 56, 55, and 56. I'd say just about perfect, wouldn't you?  I'm running behind today already. I had a full weekend and the best parts were when I went outside. The hubs and I traveled two places on Saturday to get some rescue dog photos. It was fun to have him come along. He's a great help when he's not trying to engage the releasing owner in conversation. My husband is a talker and can easily get distracted from the task at hand. Luckily, he takes my cues light-heartedly and he really does a good job cajoling the dogs into positions where I might get a decent shot. Plus, I'm glad he got out of the house.  I got our airplane tickets purchased for the Alaska trip we're taking this summer. Reservations for a rental car are done. I'm glad to get that off my to-do list.  Yesterday, we stopped at WalMart (where I never shop) to pick up some clip-on sunglasses for him. I'm happy to write that he found a good fit there. He has needed them ever since he misplaced the ones I bought him at Costco. They are probably in the jacket he left somewhere over the winter. I have to watch him like a hawk.  I am having lunch with my good friend, T, today to celebrate her 43rd  birthday. Last night we had dinner with another friend. I love celebrating birthdays as much as possible. She quipped that she didn't know how she got to be 43.  I said, well, you just didn't die. She thought that was funny. It's true! I love watching people start to examine their life. It usually happens in the mid 40's. I've discovered it happens again when one nears 60. Eeeeks!   Well, I've run out of time to write more this morning. I blame it on daylight savings time. Hope you have a great day wherever you are!  love, susan




Gypsy, 5 month old Border Collie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...