When I got home yesterday, I had a package in the mail. It is a journal that an online friend and I have been writing and sending back and forth ... for a year. It is half filled and what kept me up last night wondering who will keep it when it is full.
I've never written in a journal to pass back and forth with a virtual stranger before but it really makes my day when I receive it and read what she's been up to. She is a very busy pre-med student who actually is an artist as well. Most of all, she has a very interesting life.
I'm an overworked legal secretary who dabbles in art, photography and writing. We have enough in common that this shared journaling works.
I had held onto the diary far longer than I should have last fall. When I sent the book back to her, I thought perhaps she had given up on me as it didn't come back until yesterday. She had lost my address.
Develop is the theme word I chose this year for myself. This is the second year I've picked an action word that I want to focus on.
So far I have:
- Taken an online creative writing course
- Connected with other writers and artists from beginners to pros
- Bought a new camera that has a lot of bells and whistles to learn
- Been on a couple of photo walks
- Started writing morning pages (brain dumping journaling)
- Minimized (my theme word from last year) my household junk on a monthly basis
Do you have a theme word? What is it? Tell me how it's working for you.